STS620 Static Trommel Screen
Incredibly versatile with outstanding screening efficiency, the Screenpod STS620 provides exceptional levels of production and can be incorporated into any materials processing operation, with settings that can be tailored to suit a vast range of different applications, allowing processing of the toughest and most challenging material streams.
The robust and easy to use package provides tremendous throughput with low operating costs and minimal maintenance requirements, offering energy efficient and cost-effective screening, all controlled from the clear and user-friendly interface.
- Large capacity hopper with wide opening for material loading.
- Optional hopper extensions for increased capacity.
- Wide infeed conveyor with variable speed and high torque drive.
- Optional chevron belt for infeed conveyor.
- 2m (6’7”) x 5.5m (18’1”) horizontal drum with variable speed.
- Feeder slides back to allow for rapid and uncomplicated drum changes.
- Accepts similar sized drums from other manufacturers for using existing stock.
- 4-wheel electric drive for drum from high torque gearmotors.
- Choice of drums fitted with mesh & lifters or punch plate with internal spiral.
- Drums available with vast range of hole sizes and apertures.
- Optional steel hoods over drum for containing dust.
- Rotating brush with self-cleaning tines for cleaning drum.
- Choice of manually or hydraulically raised brush.
- Set up on blocks that can be stacked to any height desired for working.
- Heavy duty bearings with grease pots minimising need for manual greasing.
- Control panel with user friendly interface for straightforward operation.
- Emergency stop on control panel for machine shut down.
- Control panel can be remote mounted in any location desired.
- Hinged doors with lockable latches and removable panels for maintenance.
- Robust steel construction with tough coating ensures long term durability.
- Can be used in wide range of applications.
How it Works:
- The input material, consisting of a mixture of small and large sized material, is loaded into the hopper.
- The material is fed into the opening of the trommel drum via the infeed conveyor.
- During operation the drum rotates, so as the material falls in, it’s carried by the rotation and gets pulled up the side wall of the drum, before dropping back down again.
4. This process repeats continually, with the turbulent action causing the small and large sized material to separate.
5. The drum is lined with apertures of a specific size. As the material passes over these, the small material falls through, whilst the large material passes over.
6. As the material travels the length of the drum, all the small material falls through the apertures to the ground, where it can be collected, thus separating it from the large material.
7. Being too big to fall through the apertures, the large material will pass along the full length of the drum and be discharged out the end.
8. Now fully separated from the small material, the large material will fall to the ground, where it can be collected for use or further processing.
- Exceptional screening performance across a huge variety of materials.
- Energy efficient with low operating costs ensures cost effective screening.
- Outstanding separation of desired fraction sizes from material streams.
- Can remove materials to sell for recycling to create new revenue streams.
- Reduce amount of waste destined for landfill, lowering disposal costs.
- Capable of handling wet & sticky material without screen blocking up.
- Easily changed drums of different sizes can remove need for other machines.
- Can be incorporated into existing plants to provide additional functionality.
- Variable settings to suit a wide range of applications.
- Wood Recycling & Biomass Production
- Construction & Demolition Waste (C&D)
- Commercial & Industrial Waste (C&I)
- Compost, Topsoil & Aggregate Production
- Household Waste & Skip Waste Processing
- Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) Production
- Solid Recovered Fuel (SRF) Production
- Scrap Metal, E-Waste, Glass & Tyre Recycling
- Plastics, Paper & Cardboard Recycling